3 High School and 5 Grade School Teachers year unknown Supt. Audobon H. Neff Mary Gladys Robert Cram Vada Heselines Irene Lawless Belle Kellum (standing in back unknown)
This building was the first elementary school in St. Francis. It was built around 1898. It faced west towards Denison Street near the existing elementary building.
Wm. Fuller, back row, 5th from left Delmont Price, back row, 7th from left
One of the Most Thoroughly Modern Educational Plants in Kansas On the peak of the hill, overlooking the town, stands the massive, one-fifth of a million dollar St. Francis Community High School, a great education monument of Cheyenne County. This two story, three tone tan-faced brick structure is approximately 360 feet long and varies from 75-150 feet in width. Construction on the right wing was started in 1931, but the left wing and center was not completed until the early part of 1935. Wi